Friday 24 September 2010

She Works Hard for the Money....





Having a few work dilemma's at the moment.... they are knocking me sideways and bashing my head against the concrete floor of harsh reality. And that kinda hurts, let me tell you.

I'm being forced to close my eyes, take a deep breath and start again. I wish you could do that, just rewind and start again- a-fresh, knowing completely and utterly that it's *this* career that you want, and it's *this* that you want to do with the rest of your life.

Writing// music// fashion. This is what I love. Me and about half the world's population, right? Getting anywhere in these industries is pretty near impossible unless you know the right people. Having a nice shiny 'media writing' degree in hand means nada... sadly. EXPERIENCE is what they all want. but EXPERIENCE can't be gained without someone taking a chance on you....

I've just got to a stage where I don't want to slog my guts out working two jobs, 6 day weeks for little to no money. I don't want to be living at home with the parents, taking the bus everywhere, or worse- asking 'daddy' for a lift. But all these lovely plans of moving out and learning to drive require ££££££££££, which I'm never going to get interning or volunteering my work for next to no money.

It's time for a change. I'm just not sure which direction to head in. Preferably somewhere with nice people, creativity and a feeling of job satisfaction. If anyone out there is in a nice place like this- throw me some rope so I can come find you. It's all getting a little confusing in Limbo.

(all images via we heart it)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...