Friday 13 November 2009

Travel Sick

Having an incredibly blah day today. Awoke with great intentions of gym and productiveness on my day off. Instead I craweled onto my sofa with the cat as the strangest nausea took over. To take my mind off it I read my latest copy of Elle, but this only made things worse. I was travel sick without moving. Every sentence I read hurt my head. My vision was blurry and I couldn't see the subtitles on the wierd french film on TV.


I blame the darkness and drearyess of this particular friday the 13th- it's pitch black at 5:00 PM. The rain has lazily fallen all day. Stress can do funny things to you I guess. Worry is my new friend- worried for my family, for my future. But I know the darkened mood is only for today- everyone needs the odd blah day to swim in their own pity before picking themselves up, dusting off the panic and getting on with life. I spent a good chunk of my teenage life down, which is why I never slip under for too long. It's a waste of time. Tomorrow I will wake up, put on an outfit with structure and stomp into work to smile as customers shout in my face.


After a whole day of feeling 'urghh' I'm spending my evening cheering myself up. Here's how.


(I want to live in Sandra Juto's room--->)

  • Painting my nails hot pink.

  • Reading my new book of short stories about music and the night, 'Nocturnes' by Kazuo Ishiguro


  • Lying in the bath until my fingers prune

  • Re-reading lovey dovey texts from my lover

  • Looking into this whole etsy store thing, website to buy beautiful handmade things like this:


(http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=63336)




So with all that in mind, I best be off to relax rejuvenate and be re-born into myself again tomorrow :)

1 comment:

ShyShoegazer said...

Hey Kat, sorry you're feeling down - the weather has been shocking today which I guess doesn't help!

There's so much great stuff on etsy :) I waste hours on it!

Hope you have a good weekend :) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...