Sunday 10 August 2008

The good times

This is one of those blogs written purely for blogging's sake. I'm happy today and I feel the need to share.....


Have had the best weekend with my girls. Went to London for the day for a friends birthday. It rained all day and I didn't buy anything, (getting poorer every day here kids), but I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time. From getting my hat caught in three umbrellas (yes, that's right THREE), giant cupcakes, Coca Cola floats, to a windswept tube ride and "Have it"- a fun day was had by all. It made me realise two things:


1) I have to live in London at some point


2) I love my friends more than anything


Nice realisations really. I just had one of those weeks where I felt truly relaxed for the first time in a long time. I wasn't panicking about career, future, love, life- I was happy and laughing all the way. And I have some more exciting things to look forward to: A 4th date (has been a while since I've had one of those), a holiday to Majorca (now officially booked and paid for) and Bestival festival (flowery tent, wellies and Laura Marling- heaven). So the remainder of my summer is looking really rather rose tinted at the moment. I know after the clouds will roll back in, I'll panic about my total lack of money or job opportunities. But hey, by then I might have found a pretty little job. It's all about positive thinking I have decided.


I will have a sweet remainder of summer.


I will laugh more and more and more.


I will get onto the 5th date.


And I will find a job that pays well and will set me up for my travelling adventures....


Anyway. I'm off- if anyone wants me I'll be here:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...