Monday 1 February 2010

Tea, Mexian food and portraits

Who knew this would be such a great combination? Had a lovely London bound adventure with some London bound friends yesterday in an attempt to see my nearest and dearest before I run away for a month..... We strolled around Covent Garden and had a good long look in the Tea Palace, (http://www.teapalace.co.uk/The-Covent-Garden-Shop-ACOVENT_GARDEN/) which for Tea lovers is like nirvana, but even I (not a friend of tea) enjoyed the pretty shop (which used candles to heat ornate tea pots!)



After this tea filled adventure we headed to Wahaca (http://www.wahaca.co.uk/) for the best Mexican I've ever had- I fear quesadilla's have become a new food love. Please go and get the churros for pudding- nom nom nom





So after feeling sufficiently stuffed we headed over to the national portrait gallery to see the entries and winners of the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2009 (http://www.npg.org.uk:8080/photoprize/site09/exhibition2_winners.php)


I love photography and had read about this in Dazed and Confused a while ago and was dying to see the contenders. The winner was Paul Floyd Blake for Rosie Bancroft, from an ongoing project entitled 'On Track for 2012' and this was it:




To be honest as an amateur I couldn't tell which ones were 'better' than the others, I just knew which ones I liked. Here's a couple I found on google image:





Overall a grand day out :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...