Monday 6 June 2011

Fashion Memories


source


Fashion- whether you love it or not, it's an integral part of every girls life. But can you remember that first moment as a child when you fell in love with something and refused to take it off? I'm talking about your earliest fashion memory. I can remember mine vividly.

It was Christmas in the early 90's and I must have been about 6 or 7. I was told as it was a special occasion, I could wear GOLD SHOES. They kinda looked like these....





I remember putting on those glittery gold ballet pumps with such excitement, thinking they were magic. I was convinced I could walk on clouds with these shoes and threw an almighty tantrum when I was told to take them off at bed time. Since then I always attached magic qualities to my clothes, you should've seen me when Clarks had those 'secret keys' hidden in the heels of their shoes- I was ecstatic.

I think how you view fashion as a child really sticks with you. Obviously I don't think my gorgeous grey suede boots will help me walk on clouds, but I do feel a bit more magical with them on.

What are your fashion memories?

1 comment:

Maria Fallon said...

Gorgeous grey suede boots sound lovely! :)

Maria xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...