Tuesday 5 March 2013

a birthday in bath




For my birthday this year I was well and truly spoilt by my boyfriend and taken to Bath for the weekend. I've heard such great things about the city from friends and now I know why - it is such a gorgeous city and steeped in history. 

We stayed at the Royal Crescent hotel and received the most incredible service during our stay. Joe had told them it was my birthday and when we got to our room there was a cute box of handmade chocolates waiting for me with a written note wishing me a happy birthday! (it's the little things that make a difference). 

After unpacking we went to explore the city and took a look around the stunning Roman Baths (where we saw a couple of ducks enjoying the hot springs!) was so interesting to see all the relics they uncovered. Didn't get the chance to go inside the Abby, but we got to take in its beauty from the outside.

The rest of the afternoon was spent at the hotel spa for a relaxing swim, steam and sauna - heaven. We managed to find a cute little bar in the evening and had a couple of cocktails before dinner. Joe had booked us a table at the most INCREDIBLE Italian restaurant called Sotto Sotto, amazing service, romantic setting and delicious food, I thoroughly recommend it to anyone going to Bath.

The next day we took another stroll in town and stocked up on some Ben's Cookies before heading home. It was such a lovely weekend, will have to go back in the summer to explore the botanical gardens. 

Have you been to Bath? Anywhere you would recommend going?

2 comments:

Is This Real Life? said...

I've just been having a major catch up of your blog, ahh you alway have such inspiring posts! I have been to bath , i went a few years ago and it was just so pretty, i just loved going for walks around the town and seeing all the lovely buildings. I found a couple of bargains too when i was there if i remember right, from a couple of cute little stores! Happy Belated birthday! X

Maria Fallon said...

I love Bath but need to explore it properly! Glad you had a good time :)

Maria xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...