Sunday 28 April 2013

resolution round up

driving DVDs, home cooked meals, yoga mat and workout plan


Hands up if you made some New Year's resolutions this year? Now how many of you remember what they were and are tracking your progress? If you're anything like me in previous years, by now you would have either totally forgotten about them or kept them way in the back of your mind as something you'll 'get to' when you get the chance.

This year I wanted to really make an effort; maybe it's because I'm in my late 20's now, or maybe it's because overall I feel pretty happy and settled and that now is the time to finally get these things done! Either way, I told myself every four months I would check in with myself and see how I'm doing with my resolutions. 

so.... here's where I'm at:


learn to drive

As soon as Christmas and New Year were out the way I got my provisional licence. I've started lessons, studied a bit of theory and am looking to buy a car in May so I can practice driving between lessons. So far, I've really enjoyed learning! It's not quite as scary as I had anticipated, but at the moment I'm frustrated at how slowly I seem to be progressing (I've always been a bit inpatient when it comes to learning), but I'm hoping by buying a car and practising more I'll start to see progress. My goal is to be driving by Autumn, at the very latest.


get healthy

As I've mentioned in a previous post, this is going really well. I've changed things up recently by doing high intensity cross fit workouts (where you incorporate cardio and strength exercises) and yoga five days a week. My eating is pretty on point during the week and I'm letting myself have the odd blowout meal during the weekend. Loving being in a routine with it now and genuinely feel so much better for it, it's crazy how 'addicted' to exercise you can get...


cook more

Ahhh, there's always one resolution I struggle with. This year it's 'cook more'. I love watching Masterchef, I love eating out and I appreciate well cooked food - but ask me to prepare something from scratch and I lose all interest. I've cooked a couple of times so far this year (including a flawed but yummy prawn pasta dish for Valentines day), but I know this is the resolution I really need to work on.


look after my finances

This has gone pretty well, I've managed to save for a car and feel pretty confident I will be able to continue saving, just trying to reign in my spending at the weekends and to spend wisely on things that will benefit me, i.e driving lessons, workout clothes and cook books ;)


Are you working on any resolutions this year? Do you check in with yourself every now and then to see how you're doing?


3 comments:

Is This Real Life? said...

Love this post! You are doing so well keeping up with everything. My plan this year was also to learn how to cook too, and i have been off to a pretty slow start with it but in the past couple of weeks i have really been trying to make an effort, Im still at the stage where if anyone tries to even suggest i change the receipe by a teeny bit, i freak, im like 'no i have to follow it step by step or il do it wrong' but im getting there, slowly but surely haha! X

Anonymous said...

In defense of your layout, a lot of reviewers considered this condition was essentially less complicated to
grip.

My site :: http://www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/3-great-adjustable-weights-affordable-prices/

Anonymous said...

Dοeѕ your website have a contact pagе?
I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd liκe
to shοot you an e-mаil. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

my weblog; Click the up Coming web site

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...