Sunday 21 August 2011

Outfit : Midi Dress + Turban


When you make those steps towards your wardrobe before facing the world, do you look at your clothes first or your accessories?

When I get dressed I usually pick out the clothes first and then accessorise, I think that's the norm with most of us, right? But every now and then I get an urge to wear a certain accessory and end up creating an outfit based on that. It's almost more fun that way- more of a challenge.

In this case my accessory of choice was a grey turban headband from Rock 'n' Rose. I paired it with a grey midi-dress, a black cardi, tan ankle boots and a Najavo-inspired necklace for dinner with friends.


Turban: Rock 'n' Rose
Dress: Primark
Cardigan: New Look
Necklace: Gift
Boots: Primark




Which do you put more emphasis on, the clothes themselves or the accessories?


8 comments:

Emma Cossey said...

Love that dress! I tend to go for clothes first...unless I have new shoes. In which case, it starts from the feet up.

Temporary:Secretary said...

You look so super gorgeous! x

Vintage Reflection said...

I agree with you that every now and then I choose the accessory first and I have to build the outfit around it. Love the choice of head band and then the outfit with it. x

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

I do it sometimes too if I have a stand out accessory! I love the turban on you, great look :) xx

Is This Real Life? said...

You look so lovely! Love the headband and your hair is such a pretty colour! X

Unknown said...

Love the look! And I agree, it's definitely more of a challenge when your outfit revolves around an accessory - I've tried it a few times but wasn't as successful as you :)
xxx

http://www.wardrobeunderconstruction.com

Rachel said...

That dress looks fabulous on you. I'd say I tend to focus on the clothes but I know what you mean, I bought some bright red earrings the other day and planned my outfit around them x

Lily Labyrinth said...

Your hair and the turban are looking FIERCE! hehe x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...