Tuesday 30 November 2010

Letting Go.



This post was inspired by my far too clever for his own good boyfriend, (who, as it happens, has just started his very own blog!! Go follow). I was having a mini meltdown, letting work stress get to me, and as usual, he snapped me out of it.

Do you ever have days when you feel like you can't do anything right? Today was that day. Getting quite a lots of negativity from various things, (shan't go into detail), and I was getting stressed, panicking and thinking- why haven't I got it figured out yet?!?! Couldn't grasp the fact that I was 24 and grappling with 2 jobs in order to both survive financially and to hold onto a dream.

Other mid-twenty-ers out there may be able to relate. You're out of education, thrust into the real world, and by now you should have the job you wanted, the flat, the social life- the whole deal right? So it's a bit of a slap in the face when you spot that you're actually living with you're parents and are more than a little further away from your dream career than you wanted.

But you know what, (and sorry if this is a little blunt), but THAT'S LIFE. Shit happens. It's all part of the so-called 'journey' and yeah, there are times when it sucks and you just want to curl up in the foetal position and sob, but it's these times, (and the way we handle them), that shape us.

Key things I took away from my conversation with the boy:

  • Don't Panic. You're still young, you don't have to have it all figured out yet.
  • Don't Take Any Shit. Don't slog your guts out for employers that take you for granted just because you're young and a teeny bit desperate. Take it in your stride and learn from these mistakes.
  • Let Go. It's all part of the ride.

OK I'm probably over elaborating on the actual words that were said, but none the less, these are the thoughts that followed. 

So here's to all the people of the world who are lost, confused and maybe a little scared.

LET GO

and enjoy the highs and lows of this mental rollercoaster we call life.

(And try not to vom during the loop-di-loops.)


(All images via here)

2 comments:

LookingGlassGirl said...

I wrote the comment for the post above before I read this post, but yes, it's so true.
My sister and I both feel this way sometimes. She's in London, so puts a lot more pressure on herself, whereas I live at home.
I sometimes feel like shouting this at her, but then I remember that I feel like that sometimes too.
Thanks for the advice :).

Kat said...

Ah thank you, sometimes you need someone to just scream 'chill out!' at you, but it's not always that easy is it? Good to remember at times though :)

Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...