Friday 10 December 2010

Thinking Local....



Hooray I'm back from the non-blogging abyss! Have had a very hectic week, but finally a day off today which was spent with my lovely boy who fed me pains au chocolat and went out to get me magazines, (yeah, I've trained him well).

Finally I can blog about something that's made me very happy this month- I've had my first fashion article published! It's the first time I've been able to physically hold and flick through a piece of my fashion writing. Of course I've had work published before, but always on the Internet- which is great! But it was quite special to open up a magazine and see my name in print.

The magazine I wrote for is brand new and available to those in the Solent area, (so that's Southampton, Portsmouth etc.) and best of all it's free! The publication is called 'Think Local' and is designed to help local businesses flourish whilst offering a varied and interesting read. I loved flicking through it, there is so much in there from interviews to recipes to event reviews. So if you're in the area pick one up!

I was so excited when I got my copy that I took a few photo's.... I know very un-cool, but I don't care. I'm proud of myself. I'm currently thinking up article ideas for next month and am also contributing to another new mag in the South West- so will keep you posted on that one too :)

I have to say a massive thank you to my friend Tom for making all this happen and for having faith in my writing, really means a lot.

Anyway, I'll stop gushing/showing off now. Take a lookski...








I did a little piece about Winter style, going over the trends and easy ways to style them. Very happy with the results, looks so professional. You can read it online here....


If any of you do happen to read it or even pick one up, I would love to know what you think :)

4 comments:

Shell said...

Awesome! Always nice to see stuff you've worked on in print :-)

Kat said...

Was very cool to see :) Can't wait to do more!

Xx

LookingGlassGirl said...

That's amazing! I'm so envious. Well done!

Kat Nicholls said...

Thank you! Really happy with it- looks so proffesional hehe :)

Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...