Sunday 4 April 2010

Collection a day

Just wanted to quickly share a cool project: http://collectionaday2010.blogspot.com/

"This is a blog documenting a project that will span exactly one year, from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. On each of those 365 days, I will photograph or draw (and occasionally paint) one collection. Most of the collections are real and exist in my home or studio; those I will photograph. Some are imagined; those I will draw or (occasionally) paint."

Here are some images from the site:

I think this is such a cool idea and I've been thinking of similar projects after reading a photography book my boyfriend bought me, it has lots of idea's and suggestions such as:


  • '365 Project' this ones simple- take one photo everyday, something to some up the day. Would be tough to think of creative idea's everyday, but I like the challenge.

  • 'Consumer Project' Take a photo of everything you buy! Food, CD's, cinema, groceries etc. Would be interesting to see what you spend money on hey!

  • 'DIY Time Machine' Recreate a photo of you as a kid- similar pose, similar outfit etc. would look pretty funny side by side.

Going to have to pick one and make it a challenge. For now though, here are my collection photos: Magazines! I have an unhealthy obsession....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...