Monday 3 January 2011

Limbo's First Award

(source)

Well, this was very unexpected! My rather modest little blog has won its first award! Awarded to Limbo by the lovely Bethan from Bethan-no-y who's blog was one of the first I started reading back when I entered the world of blogging- very pleased to see her back in the blogging world :)



Here are the little Q's and A's that go along with the award...


Share 7 things about yourself-

1. I'm at my happiest when I'm reading fashion magazines and listening to great music, which I rarely get to do these days thanks to my having 2 jobs! Simple pleasures though :)

2. I miss learning. If uni was free I would go back to study anthropology.

3. I have been with my boyfriend for over two years now, but before that I was single for 6.

4. My sister is my style Icon, I've learnt so much from her.

5. My friends are everything to me.

6. Taking a risk and studying photography at college was the best risk I ever took, I'm still not very good but have discovered a new passion.

7. When someone first asked me 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' I said writer. I then changed my mind to vet, then singer, then masseuse, then back to writer. Turns out I had it figured out early.



Pass it along to blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy-

Oooh this will be tough so many! Will limit myself to just 3 though or I'll be here all day...

From Gem With Love- as this award is for versatility I couldn't not mention Gemma, a great blog that touches on some important issues and showcases her beautiful photography.

Glitterball- I love the personal touches Louise adds to her blog, always enjoy reading her updates :)

Love Zsara- Always read thought provoking posts here, which I love. Zsara has also been incredibly sweet and asked me to write a guest post for her blog this month which is really thoughtful, I like it when the less well known bloggers support each other- its a big and intimidating blogosphere out there, a bit of kindness really is nice to see.



10 Questions:

1. Why did you create this blog?
I created this blog when I returned home after 4 years studying and working in Southampton. I was unemployed and desperate to go travelling, To Limbo and Beyond became a scrapbook following my struggles with dreams Vs reality.

2. What kind of blog do you follow?
I follow so many! I love fashion blogs, music blogs, design blogs and everything in between. My favourites are the 'versitile' blogs which incorporate a bit of everything.

3. Favorite Makeup Brand
Umm if I could afford it? Mac and Benefit.

4. Favorite Clothing Brand
Loads! Again if I could afford it- Urban Outfitters, All Saints etc. I prefer mixing up branded clothes with charity shop buys though for a more unique look. For example I like a bit of Topshop.....but the Topshop clones scare me.

5. Your Indispensable Makeup Product
Eyeliner. My eyes get lost without it.

6. Your Favourite Color
Blues, greys and greens- my wardrobe is full of it.

7. Your Favourite Perfume
Dolce & Gabanna 'Rose the One' Also love Ralph Lauren 'Romance'

8. Your Favourite Film
Argh- too many. Probably 'Into the Wild' for the beautiful cinematography, dialogue and musical score.

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
SO many I still need to see, Morocco and Berlin are next on my list, closely followed by Australia and Japan.

10. Are you a Cat or Dog person?
Both! Have grown up with cats but have always wanted a dog too, would love a husky!



Thanks again to the lovely Bethan and to those that follow Limbo :)

4 comments:

daisychain said...

congratulations! x

Zsara Louise said...

awwww thank you! you've made my monday!

can't wait to read your guest post

and happy new year!! xxxZ

FromGemWithLove said...

Thank You so much :) xxxx

Kat said...

Thanks Laura :)

and Zsara and Gemma- well deserved!

I do sometimes wonder what I would do with all my free time if I didn't read blogs!

XXx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...